Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:23 AM

macOS Mojave Version 10.14 Beta 

MacBook Pro 15-inch Mid 2015

Beta-testing macOS Mohave and RM7 

So far it is a delight to use RM7 with macOS Mohave beta after the constant lockups under High Sierra. I seldom have the lockups under macOS Mohave and I feel productive again.

The usual warning error pops up at the beginning after RM7 is installed regarding the program being a 32-bit app and not a 64 bit app and that future versions will more than likely not work on the Mac and to contact the software developers to ask for the 64-bit version.

I am so looking forward for RM8 to be released for the Mac. But at least by moving to macOS Mohave, many of the issues we have tolerated under High Sierra seem to have evaporated.

#2 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted Today, 05:17 AM

I believe the 32-bit software warning does not refer to the RootsMagic Software (MacOS has no direct understanding of the format of native Windows software), but to the version of Crossover being used to create the app which was/is probably 32-bit as Crossover hadn't completed the transition of is software to 64-bit on MacOS the last time I checked.  

If Crossover/WINE couldn't enable native 32-bit Windows apps to run on 64-bit MacOS/Linux then the software would be dead in the water, and there's no sign of them giving up on that market.  That said, a native RootsMagic for Mac would be very welcome!

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7769 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 AM

CodeWeavers the maker of the CrossOver wrapper for RootsMagic announced back in May their intentions on making a 64-bit version.

"I am delighted to announce that CodeWeavers has just released CrossOver 17.5 for both macOS and Linux.

.....Users should see increased stability and encounter fewer crashes.

CrossOver 17.5 is the first step towards making CrossOver for macOS fully 64-bit compatible, in anticipation of Apple’s plan to end support for 32-bit applications."

Renee
RootsMagic