4 replies to this topic

#1 BevSmallwood

BevSmallwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:24 PM

You have the very nice option to "Put Family Search ID in clipboard" available under Options on Edit Person view.

I'm doing a lot of work today back and forth between RM and FS.  It would be nice to have a shortcut to that ID by right click menu of highlighted person.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3058 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

I don't understand the request. Anything on the Windows clipboard is automatically available for pasting via Right Click and Paste. This is a generic Windows function that is not specific to RM. Of course, you do have to have a place available to the do the Paste and you have to have to have that place highlighted. Are you asking to search for the person or go to the person or something like that without doing a Paste?

Jerry

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

On the Share Data tab on the FamilySearch Person Tools there is a copy button for the FamilySearch ID. Its on the right side after the FamilySearch Person's name. 

You can also display the FamilySearch ID after a person's name. It cannot be copied from there. The setting is under Tools>File Options>General>Number to display after name. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 BevSmallwood

BevSmallwood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Yes, I know there are two places.

Today I was in familysearch attaching a source.  It didn't open the guy it should have and it wasn't in the drop down so I needed to paste in the ID.

I had the person highlighted in descendant view but it could have been family or pedigree -- but I had to either open Edit Person or FamilySearch Share button to get the ID.

I'm just asking for a quicker way of getting it, bypassing opening one of two other things that I don't need at the moment.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic