Jump to content


Photo

SQLite Error 11


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SarahW

SarahW

    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

I have 4 different family trees and I cannot open any of them today.  I am using version 7.5.7.0 - do you have any advice?



#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

    Advanced Member

  • Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7921 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

SQLite Error 11 is the database malformed. So something corrupted your databases. Where do you have them stored?  Were they being edited live inside of a folder synced to cloud storage, like Dropbox, or OneDrive? The other issue you might have is a hard drive starting to fail with the database stored in a bad sector. 

 

Can you open RootsMagic and then try to open the database? You might need to move the databases from their current folder first to do that. Then see if you can File>Open each one and run the File>Database Tools in consecutive order. 


Renee
RootsMagic

#3 chryssasch04

chryssasch04

    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:03 PM

Hi I am having the SQLite Error 11 issue as well. I am using the mobile version most frequently. After I get the database error it is always everytime followed by ' access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.' I always have to go in the task manager after this and end task as the program is hopelessly locked. I have tried using different hard drives, and flash drives as far as storing the database as I do not use any of the cloud type stuff. I have also tried using fresh copies of the software. I had a few glitches that were annoying before the last update, this update has virtually locked me from using software that I paid for. If you can offer any other ideas of things to try they would be greatly appreciated. Oh! I have also received the following error messages:

 

"Exception EAccessViolation in module RootsMagic.exe at 0006545B. Access violation at address 012B4207in module RootsMagic.exe. Read of address 00000008"

 

" Access violation at address 00403A45 in module Rootsmagic.exe. Read of address 146E2DBC"



#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 05:46 PM

If you are storing your RM=to=Go and RMGC database on the same USB drive, make sure there is plenty of empty space. Based on 30+ years of experience with sometimes-balky computers, I'd recommend the empty space be at LEAST twice as large as the combined size of the program and databsse. There is no scientifically-verified answer for this size, but temp files can take up a lot of space.



#5 TomH

TomH

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 09:39 PM

Have a look at Corrupt Database Recovery for some insight and suggestions. I have had to use a variety of case-specific techniques using SQLite to recover RM databases for other people, sometimes 100%. Contact me if you want my service. Otherwise, restore from a backup, run the Database Tools and do a full export to GEDCOM as a database exerciser (or exorciser as it might stir up some evil in your database that could go unnoticed for a long time).


Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.


#6 chryssasch04

chryssasch04

    New Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

I have used different computers with separate hard drives and even separate flash drives. I will see if I can recover the database and get a gedcom. How ever I would like a solution to the SQLite 11 error as it paid for the program, to have it rendered useless every time I use it is frustrating. I have gone back and used older back ups that were saved on storage drives and as soon as I start to enter the names (I mean literally 3 names in) it gives me the error message.  I tried 12 backups from over a 6 month range. This is excessively frustrating to me. I am having to keep records online only due to this error. Which to me is a huge no no.



#7 TomH

TomH

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

The blame for this error lies not with the program but with the environment in which it is operating. Something has disrupted what was in RAM or being written from RAM to the hard drive causing damage to the database structure and to, likely, the data. But it did not disrupt the OS from properly closing the file.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.