4 replies to this topic

#1 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

I don't transcribe Ahnentafel data into RM very often, but I do like the organization of the data.

Unfortunately, it can get a little confusing when the ancestors are incomplete, because that means I have to be aware of which name input boxes to skip over.

Here's what would help me:

Display the Ahnentafel number (1, 2, 3, ----) next to the left edge of the name input boxes.

Generation - Ancestors - Ahnentafel
1 - 1 - 1
2 - 2 - 3
3 - 4 - 7
4 - 8 - 15
5 - 16 - 31
6 - 32 - 63

The 6-generation Ahnentafel I'm currently working on ends at #55 (and is 14, 15, 28-31, 34, 35, 38-41, 46, 47, 50, 51), so my chances of goofing up are greater than nil.

Like this:

ahnentafel-numbers.png

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:34 PM

Are you basically asking that RM generate Ahnentafel numbers when you use the tool Set Relationships? Or that it do it on the fly where #1 is the home or root person in the database setting?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

If you create a six-generation pedigree chart it will have all the Ahnentafel numbers on it. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:10 PM

Thanks, Renee. I never noticed that before. I just checked, and they are even on the pedigree charts produced in Publisher books. That's nice, but the Ahnentafel numbers could easily be added to the Pedigree View. There's already a switch for 5 or 6 generations(although it is unlabeled and therefore not as clear as it could be). Why not add a switch that would display or hide the Anentafel numbers (1-63) always based on the current root person, so no calculating would be required.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

Confirming that is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic