• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hiyamarra

hiyamarra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

I've been using RootsMagic for several years, and think it's great.

BUT, like many people I am researching more and more using DNA

It would be very helpful for me to have a visual reference to family members I have proven DNA links to

This could be something like being able to put a small DNA icon in the name boxes on the pedigree view, next to where you currently show a problem icon.

As more and more people use DNA for research, this could be a useful addition for everyone

Regards

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3145 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

I just ordered a kit from Ancestry which is autosomal in the hope of finding links to a missing ancestor as one close relative was adopted. I did get a test before but I think I'm depending more on being added to the Ancestry database and finding links rather than finding links in Rootsmagic. It also seems all these vendors have differing data sets and results are not easily transferable, I'm hoping I'm wrong but it would be nice if I found some clues and possible links to this missing ancestor.

"Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or convictions"

— Dag Hammarskjold

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

Have you thought of adding a Reference Number fact and displaying it after a person's name. (Tools>File Options>General>Number to display after name.) That way you can see whatever code you established for tracking DNA results.  

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Maja

Maja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

I have long wished for this funktion as well. I work a lot with DNA-research. Just as you say, some kind of little icon in the pedigree view. It would be immensely helpful.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic