7 replies to this topic

#1 Dave in New Brunswick

Dave in New Brunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:35 PM

How does one print a list of everyone buried in a certain cemetery, where the cemetery name is displayed in Place Details for a given location?  Reason, a road trip to photo all listed grave markers at that cemetery.

#2 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Click on "Print" at the top of the screen. with "Print events in a single place" selected for top level Places.

#3 XFTMTeutopIL

XFTMTeutopIL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

I would do it by making a Custom Report, selecting People to include, Select from list, Mark group, Select people by data fields, with

1st field Burial - Place - Contains  - cemetery city name

2nd field Burial - Place - Contains - cemetery name

You can use contains with just part of the name or equals with the full name.  If either of the 2 field names are too common, your can add a 3rd field for the state name.

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3130 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:45 AM

Click on "Print" at the top of the screen. with "Print events in a single place" selected for top level Places.

This is a good approach and it's easy to use, but it might not meet everybody's needs. That's because Print only works with Places and not with Place Details. It is true that the Print for Places can as an option include Place Details information. But assuming that cemetery information were entered into Place Details, the report would include all the burials in all the cemeteries in the county, not just the one cemetery of interest. This limitation on Print is one of many areas of Place Details support that needs to be improved.

Jerry

#5 Don Newcomb

Don Newcomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1008 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

When I include "Place Details" in the print, I get a list that is sorted by the details with all the events in each cemetery grouped separately. Scroll down. Find the cemetery, copy and paste into a word processor. 

#6 Mad dog

Mad dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

When adding events to people, I create Groups for Where Born, Where Died and Where Buried. Then just add them to the correct groups. (ie: Jones Cemetery in Los Angeles CA, Born in Los Angeles, Died in Los Angeles). Good luck on your road trip.

#7 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:59 AM

This is a good approach and it's easy to use, but it might not meet everybody's needs. That's because Print only works with Places and not with Place Details. It is true that the Print for Places can as an option include Place Details information. But assuming that cemetery information were entered into Place Details, the report would include all the burials in all the cemeteries in the county, not just the one cemetery of interest. This limitation on Print is one of many areas of Place Details support that needs to be improved.

Jerry

Or, instead of dancing around the camp fire, Rootsmagic could add the long missing PRINT button to the Place Details pane, why have this on Place and NOT Place Details?

Also for those of us who have waited so long for this simple addition ADD the ability to Multiselect so if individual cemetery plots are noted they can all be selected.

I don't want to print out over 700 Place Details of Belfast and edit that down just to get a cemetery report, I'm sure others using Place Details also want a simplified method of reporting.

place-details-print.png

Overcome the negatives, then only positives and praise remains.....

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#8 Dave in New Brunswick

Dave in New Brunswick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

Here It Is: Print Cemetery Lists

Reports
List