6 replies to this topic

#1 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

I just created a GEDCOM file from Legacy Family Tree and used the file as an import to RM7. A perfect import until it came time to use the FamilySearch tool in RM7. There was not a single match of the 2080 names between my new RM7 database and FamilySearch. Why wouldn't all of the names have a match? They are all matched to FamilySearch in my Legacy database? Even after running the RM AutoMatch procedure, there were still over 400 unmatched names.

Ted

#2 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

Did you enable Family Search support in RootsMagic? Tools/File options/FamilySearch

#3 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Yes I did. That what is surprising. I'm getting the majority of names matched, but not all. 

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3130 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

Is there an expectation that FS matches will come over from Legacy to RM via GEDCOM? I can't picture how that would work. It seems to me that running RM's automatch and matching the rest manually is what is to be expected. I could be wrong.

Jerry

#5 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

I have never had to match 100's of names before and I have imported from Legacy many times.

#6 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3207 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:32 AM

Are you unable to do a direct import of your Legacy file due to versions or other? It should be a better path and if it has worked before for you then worth a try.

Overcome the negatives, then only positives and praise remains.....

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7993 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:28 AM

AutoMatch will only match if its a strong match between the records. It also will not match anyone that is living. You need to search by the FamilySearch ID or go through a deceased individuals relationships to find them. 

Renee
RootsMagic