5 replies to this topic

#1 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to MS and I'm trying to sync data from MS to FS. I capable to update name, birth date and sources, but when I'm try to sync a marriage, for example, I'm getting this error:

3kUBcmD.png

I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Joss van Hurtere!

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

Hi everybody,

I'm new to MS and I'm trying to sync data from MS to FS. I capable to update name, birth date and sources, but when I'm try to sync a marriage, for example, I'm getting this error:

3kUBcmD.png
 Attaching
I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

Check on the FS website that there arent 2 wives - one the correct one and one unknown. If you add parents to a child from RM, when the father is added, a placeholder mother is also added. Then when you add the mother, a second mother is added (the intended one). So, a child then has one father but 2 mothers, and you should be able to see that on the RM sharing panel. The marriage addition fails because you are attempting to add it to the father and dummy mother (who doesnt exist). You need to delete on FS the connection between the child and the father connected to the dummy mother - this is the second connection to the correct father. Then the marriage will be attached to the correct father and mother.

There may be better ways of avoiding this problem, in which case I would love to know it. This seems to be a problem stemming from wanting to use RM to build the backwards tree in FS (which most of us want to do, Imguess).

#3 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Check on the FS website that there arent 2 wives - one the correct one and one unknown. If you add parents to a child from RM, when the father is added, a placeholder mother is also added. Then when you add the mother, a second mother is added (the intended one). So, a child then has one father but 2 mothers, and you should be able to see that on the RM sharing panel. The marriage addition fails because you are attempting to add it to the father and dummy mother (who doesnt exist). You need to delete on FS the connection between the child and the father connected to the dummy mother - this is the second connection to the correct father. Then the marriage will be attached to the correct father and mother.

There may be better ways of avoiding this problem, in which case I would love to know it. This seems to be a problem stemming from wanting to use RM to build the backwards tree in FS (which most of us want to do, Imguess).

I check on FS for multiple mother and I don't find anything strange. On RM seems ok too:

5yH6rGU.png

I'm working on Mac, but I try to do the same process on Windows and I have the same error alert.

This is annoying.

Joss van Hurtere!

#4 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

A 404 error always means that the receiving system cannot find something that has been requested. In this case FS cannot find a record which probably means that FS has changed something in their API which in turn has affected RM. Until RM and FS work out the problem and implement a solution, you are stuck. Send an email to support@rootsmagic.com with a link to this thread to let them know there is an issue.

#5 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

A 404 error always means that the receiving system cannot find something that has been requested. In this case FS cannot find a record which probably means that FS has changed something in their API which in turn has affected RM. Until RM and FS work out the problem and implement a solution, you are stuck. Send an email to support@rootsmagic.com with a link to this thread to let them know there is an issue.

I'm sending a message to them right now. Thanks.

Joss van Hurtere!

#6 flaviodutra

flaviodutra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

I'm sending a message to them right now. Thanks.

Just to register the feedback from RM support.

The error that I related in this topic occour because the spouse is checked as living. With this scenario, FS block the operation and RM return the error that FS returns. I've suggest for RM to threat this error and return a user friendly message for the user.

On FS, it's possible to put this information for couple when one person is checked as living, but it shows a warning message saying that information will be visible only for me.

Joss van Hurtere!