#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:31 AM

Hello

I was recently using my Roots Magic 7 FamilySearch central where I used a record number to import the ancestors and descendants of a long-dead relative.  When I was finished the parents were doubled, but the children were not added (even under the doubled names) and ancestors were not added either. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Sandra

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:20 AM

It's always best to import into a new blank database and then move it into your main database. That insures you have the people you want. It helps if you used the wrong settings, connection drops or FamilySearch is struggling and doesn't send what you want. I would restore a backup made before you imported and then drag n drop from the new database those that you want. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

Hi

I am not sure what you mean when you say FamilySearch is struggling and doesn't send what you want?  Why would that happen?

Sandra

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7991 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

FamilySearch works on their website and parts can go down. It will effect the performance of the FT API that we talk through. Sundays and Holidays their servers do still get overwhelmed. Bottom line RM can only receive what FamilySearch sends us. 

Renee
RootsMagic