• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OHF640

OHF640

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

Would love to see a utility that would 100% compare my Ancestry tree to Roots Magic Tree including citations. It seems that I keep encounter deletion from RM that did not follow through to Ancestry in the Tree Sync.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

Boy, you've resurrected a 12 year old thread (unless the forum server has gone wonky with dates).

I suspect you're experiencing a flaw in the Ancestry API or its interface with TreeShare: an inability to clear the value in a field. You can delete an event, for example, but you cannot empty only its Description.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

I split this out of the old discussion.

RootsMagic doesn't sync with Ancestry is shares data. That is why its called TreeShare. If you delete a person in RM you will also need to delete the person on Ancestry. If you are still seeing the person but the Ancestry website says they are gone, then there is a Phantom person still on Ancestry. Ancestry is working on systems enhancements until the end of the month. If you continue to see the "deleted" Ancestry person after that, contact their support to purge them.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 knotmyline

knotmyline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

After clicking on the TreeShare icon, I'd much rather have TreeShare start with the person currently displayed in RM rather than the person at the beginning of the Index List. 

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic