2 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2935 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

See the thread at http://forums.rootsm...ees/#entry89405 for additional background.

I wish for the following.

• The ability to limit the people included in narrative reports to named groups.
  • The ability to use group membership in the marking and unmarking dialog used for color coding and making groups. You can already color code based on group membership, but that is not even remotely equivalent to the ability to mark and unmark based on membership in named groups.
  • The ability to filter all main views by named group, not just the people view.

Jerry

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3055 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:45 AM

We are on similar themes, not wanting to hijack your thread but previously I have wished for the restriction of the scope of DSM to Named Group(s) to enable more focused geographic duplicate searching etc.

Only recently I wished for an enhanced Family View like People View which could also be restricted to Named Group(s)

In a lot of cases databases are becoming large by previous standards and this ability to work with subsets of a large database is more and more needed.

Just when I typed that I feel I am repeating myself but still better to reinforce this growing need.

"Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or convictions"

— Dag Hammarskjold

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7708 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Confirming these are on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic