#1 purple

purple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Hi listers!

I have recently had an issue with deleting people in Ancestry tree share.

I keep my main tree in RM and sync to Ancestry. I know there are issues with the sync especially with the slowness of the process and the fact that memorized sources apparently never get over to Ancestry for some reason. But, I like the idea of having my data on ancestry and using the hints and making my tree shareable.

So, recently (2 to 3 weeks) I have had this happen:

Delete a person in RM

Go to treeshare and choose delete in Ancestry

It is deleted from the changed people list

Exit treeshare

Go back to treeshare and that person is back in the list as being changed (no RM person do I want to add to RM or delete from Ancestry?)

At first it was just a single person and I didn't worry about it too much because it wasn't causing me any troubles.  But now I've got about 10 of them and I'm annoyed by it.

Observations:

• The person isn't Really in Ancestry.  If I go to my online tree, they aren't there. 
  • I think it happens on people where the treehshare function gets interrupted by those weird treeshare errors that arise occasionally (like there is a communication glitch or something between RM and Ancestry and the report the error box comes up).  I'm not 100% sure of this, but I wonder if the process gets interrupted somehow and causes this.
  • I tried adding the person from treeshare back to RM and then checking in treeshare that they don't show up anymore.  That part is good. Then deleting them in RM and using treeshare to delete them in Ancestry and they don't delete.

Anyone else having this?

Anybody found a solution?

Jane

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8470 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Message from Ancestry. (11 May 2018)
"Some users have recently been experiencing technical issues when using Ancestry.com. We’re currently undertaking a series of planned system enhancements that may result in intermittent site issues through Thursday, May 31, 2018. Once complete, they will improve site performance and enable more records, more hints, and more connections, making the platform even more valuable for our community. Please know that your data is safe with us. All the work you have done on your trees will be preserved even if you are experiencing some difficulties as the result of this upgrade. We appreciate how frustrating this has been and thank you very much for bearing with us during this period."

If this issue hasn't been resolved by Ancestry by 1 Jun 2018 then contact their support to look at your tree. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 purple

purple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Renee!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: delete people, Ancestry treeshare