• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Allingham

Charlie Allingham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:12 AM

I use the UK version of RM and have an issue with the 'CountyCheck' feature.  Before anyone says anything I know it is an all or nothing feature and can be (has been!) turned off in the options menu.  I have looked at the previous topic discussion but it does not explain my problem.  I live in the county of Hertfordshire, which means I enter a lot of data for new family, BMDs, census's for relatives in my county.  RM helpfully(?) offers to change the county to Herefordshire every time one enters Hertfordshire.  I can live with that once but it does it every time, even when selecting an address already in the database and on every screen.  It asks you to confirm it on the new person screen. You confirm it. When you go to the person screen to enter a source, it asks you to confirm it again and then does for all subsequent fields and facts.  When next updating the program would it be possible to exclude existing database entries from the County Check?  In the meantime I have turned it off.  I suspect that the point of the feature is to ensure an international standard.  In my case that may well be at risk now.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7987 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:08 PM

Confirming this is noted on the development list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Charlie Allingham

Charlie Allingham

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:36 AM

Thank you Renee.