3 replies to this topic

#1 JoyceAE5

JoyceAE5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

It would be useful to have an option to be able to include the Quick Groups and Web Tags that are attached to an individual when producing the Individual Summary report. This document is very useful as a backup in case of corruption of your database or when there is no other recovery option available. Right now it does not provide a complete record of all information you have recorded for an individual. Also, there should be an option to include all photos as well.

Just my thoughts.

Joyce

#2 JoyceAE5

JoyceAE5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Another suggestion for all reports. When you click on the Save button after a report has been generated, the "view this file after it is saved" is always checked. Once I uncheck this option, I want it to be remembered for subsequent reports. It is a nuisance having to uncheck it every time I want to save a report. I don't need to have the report opened after it has been saved.

Joyce

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3024 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Once I uncheck this option, I want it to be remembered for subsequent reports. It is a nuisance having to uncheck it every time I want to save a report.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but this note reminded me of one of my fondest overall all wishes for RM8. I just wish it would remember "stuff". All kinds of stuff - check boxes, options of all kinds, sub-window sizes and positions, search parameters (dynamic groups?), etc. I'm constantly having to reset "stuff" throughout RM that it didn't remember for me as I went through my workflows to enter data. RM does remember quite a few things, but there are also quite a few things that it doesn't remember.

"Remembering stuff" would not be a big flashy enhancement, but it would be a huge productivity enhancement. Along with this wish would go a corollary to be a able to reset various "stuff" back to a default or factory setting. For example, you can't set sentence templates for built-in facts back to factory setting. It seems to me that FamilyOrigins remembered more "stuff" than RM1/2/3 and that RM1/2/3 remembered more "stuff" than RM4/5/6/7. I may not be remembering correctly, but in any case I hope that RM8 remembers more "stuff" than RM4/5/6/7. The checkbox for opening a report after saving it is a prime example of the more general need to remember "stuff".

Jerry

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7851 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

Confirming these are on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic