#1 sandrabartman

sandrabartman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Hello:

I just installed a new update to RootsMagic and appreciate the new updates.  .  I would like to know "what is new" in the update without thoroughly inspecting  through the software.  Could they post somewhere in a short bulleted list what in each update they provide?   

Thanks,

Sandra

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

The info you seek has been posted for a long time, right at the top of the forums.

http://forums.rootsm...-announcements/

#3 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

The info you seek has been posted for a long time, right at the top of the forums.

http://forums.rootsm...4-announcements

But he asked about the current update

#4 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 06:12 AM

The current update is there. The way it's posted in confusing because it appears that it was posted in 2014, which it was, but that single post is updated each release.

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3024 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

The way it's posted in confusing because it appears that it was posted in 2014, .....

I basically read these forums based on what is marked as new. It took me a long time to realize that the "what is new in each update" information is in the forums because it's not marked as new when it is updated. I wonder if there would be a way to mark the "what is new in each update" message as new when it has changed.

Jerry

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7853 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

I looked at that in the past and there isn't since its just modifying an older article. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3024 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

I looked at that in the past and there isn't since its just modifying an older article. 

I guess I was wondering of you could copy the old article, paste its contents into a new article, add the new information to the new article, and then delete the old article or something like that. Then the new article would show up as changed.

Jerry

#8 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

Then the new article would show up as changed.

Then the new article would show up as new and unread. That is a good solution.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7853 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 03:32 PM

Would just need the RootsMagician to do it that way, since he's the one that adds that information. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#10 pstaveley

pstaveley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 05:19 PM

I note that the website has not yet been updated https://www.rootsmag...uk/patch-notes/

#11 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

I note that the website has not yet been updated https://www.rootsmag...uk/patch-notes/

The page you reference is for the UK version of RootsMagic by S&N Genealogy. If you look at the link for the US version, the update notes are there. Perhaps there is a reasonable delay (I know, we all want instant to be reasonable, eh? <grin>) and S&N will get the update posted --- soon?