Photo

Next major (not just fixes) RM update ?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bram

Bram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:58 AM

When can we expect the next major (not just fixes) RM update ?

Any Scuttlebut on the release date and what new features & options might be included ?

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5822 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:42 AM

Update: no change to the version's first number: 7.5.4.0 to 7.5.5.0 (free)

Upgrade: 7.5.5.0 to 8.0.2.1 ($)

All we know about 8 is that it is being developed on a newer platform than 7 so that the Mac version can run on the Mac OS as a native application, just as does the Windows version.

I predict it will be released by November. And, one year, I may be right.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Bram

Bram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:54 AM

How long hve you had this prediction ?

I think I have the paid version (7.5.5.0) I remember it was very very low priced though.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5822 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

About two years. RM7 was first released 2014-12-25 so, by this time in 2016, I was expecting RM8 to be out the following Christmas. Unfortunately or otherwise, other things got in the way, such as the demise of TMG and Ancestry dropping FTM to which the RM developers responded with new import processes and TreeShare. Undoubtedly, the migration to a new development platform likely went on the back burner.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.