• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rdhull50

rdhull50

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

It would be nice to be able to set default file options so that every time a new file is created, the same options can be enabled by default. For example, it makes no sense to have to enter some of the General file options every time you create a new data file Such as: Under General - Number to display after name, or turning on LDS support, or Starting view, or enabling Problem Alerts, etc.; Under Preparer- Entering Preparer information every time you create a new file; Under Webhints - enabling (or not), defaults for Ancestry, FamilySearch, and MyHeritage. 

This could be done by adding an option "Default File Options" under "Program Options". These, of course, could still be changed later for individual files under the existing Tools - File Options menu item.

I know that there are already some defaults set, but I find that I always have to change some of them every time I create a new file and Always have to enter the Preparer Information. I create four data files for each of my four grandparents and hence four for each of my wife's. Then, of course, I create some other data files for imports or possible ancestors etc. So the redundant option setting is not insignificant.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7584 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:37 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Defaults, program options, file options