• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clive Lawford

Clive Lawford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:03 AM

Just starting out with trying out this program which is normally the best way to learn a new program but I really miss an undo button. I have already ruined a couple of trees and just had to start all over again, as I don't have the knowledge yet to fix them. One click on a undo button would have rescued them and I am now worried about making just basic mistakes. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7917 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

An undo button is on the enhancement request list. For an undo button we would have to give up automatic save. Which means if the power goes out in the middle of work you lose everything since the last save. Not so appealing. 

What you can do instead is save a backup of the database while working. Then you can File>Restore the backup when you want to revert back to the earlier version. I add a letter after the date so I don't overwrite my earlier backups on the same day. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3058 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

For an undo button we would have to give up automatic save.

Not necessarily. The program could keep a transaction log of the last few transactions with copies of the database rows before and after the transactions that were saved in the log. It wouldn't be very easy programming, but I think it would be doable.

Jerry