• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fcsusana

fcsusana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 11:07 PM

I know how to fix broken links. I want to know if there is anyway to find any items i put in the Media Gallery but did not attach at the time I added them.  I want to go back and attach them to a person now without having to look at each one to see if it is attached.  Thanks!

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2984 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

The best you can do from the RM user interface is scan manually through media list. This is practical for a few dozen media items and might even be at the edge of practicality  for a few hundred, but certainly not for more than that. Lists->Media Gallery. It's much easier to scan in List mode than Thumbnail mode. At this point, just highlight the first item in the list and move the cursor down pretty quickly, all the while looking at the upper right hand panel. If the panel is empty, you have found a media item that is not attached to anything.

A query to accomplish this task is possible in SQLite if you have any interest.

Jerry

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3104 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

As Jerry has stated this is another query not possible within Rootsmagic at present. Rootsmagic7 introduced the possibility to add Media through Drag&Drop, if this is done to a persons gallery then it is tagged, if it is just done to the Media Gallery then it is not. One thing to note is that any Media added through Drag&Drop has no Caption in Rootsmagic so can be identified by sorting on Caption. If you are diciplined enough to add a caption to media as you tag it then this is a workable solution.

"Never, for the sake of peace and quiet, deny your own experience or convictions"

— Dag Hammarskjold

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root