4 replies to this topic

#1 ggbarber

ggbarber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:28 PM

I put this on the RM Facebook page but it looks like I should put it here:

It seems that the Repository Reference field in TMG does not come over to RM using the import facility. I use the Repository Reference field to hold the detail of the specific source (e.g. Repository = East Sussex Record Office and Repository Reference = PBT 1/3/1/93E). I can see in RM that the Repository information is transferred across in the List of Repositories but they are missing in the source citations which use this information.

For example, this is an example of a source citation that I get in RM after importing the database:

Footnote: Will of Thomas Barber of Tonbridge, Kent, England, 28 Oct 1683, proved in the Archdeaconry of Rochester, 14 Dec 1683 (, )

The (, ) should be the (Repository, Repository Reference)  i.e. (ESRO, PBT 1/3/1/93E)

This is a key piece of information missing from the source citation.

It looks like a bug in the transfer program.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:23 PM

I think that the Repository data is coming over into RM in a Direct Import but the Repository data is not included in the Footnote sentence template on the RM side of the house. I'm not a former TMG user but I do have a TMG license. But my TMG license is not loaded on my present (new) computer to test this situation to give you better details than that. Look at your one of your citations that has the problem in RM, specifically looking at what is in the data fields and then at what the sentence template looks like for the Footnote sentence. I think you will see that the Repository data is there in the data fields but that the sentence template for the Footnote sentence does not include the [Repository] variable - or something along those lines.

A former TMG user who has successfully dealt with this problem is going to be better resource than me for the the details of the solution. But any solution is going to involve either changing the sentence template for the Footnote sentence to include the [Repository] variable or else is going to involve moving the Repository data to another field in the Source data. The trick is going to be making the change one time instead of 500 times.

Jerry

#3 ggbarber

ggbarber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:42 AM

Thanks Jerry,

The Repository data is there (not sure about Repository Reference). The Repository field in the actual source citation has not been populated with the information though. 

There appears to be nothing wrong with the sentence template for the Footnote. It contains [Repository] and [RepositoryReference] so should be picking these up.

Geoff

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

RM has no sentence template variables for values stored in the AddressTable which is where the Repository List is stored. The variables only work with the SourceTable (Master) and CitationTable (Details).

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#5 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3088 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:07 PM

RM has no sentence template variables for values stored in the AddressTable which is where the Repository List is stored. The variables only work with the SourceTable (Master) and CitationTable (Details).

Tom is correct. My bad on that.

Jerry