• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MarieCusack

MarieCusack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

In version 7 of RootsMagic, what is the size limit of personal family tree websites that can be published on MyRootsMagic.com?

#2 MarieCusack

MarieCusack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

Also, I don't see much discussion or instructions about publishing to MyRootsMagic.com. Is this not a very popular feature? I'm new to the Roots Magic software and am wanting a way to share my family tree so relatives can access it read-only for free. I don't want to spend much/any time keeping the website updated so I can instead focus my time on updating the Roots Magic database. I would appreciate your advice on whether publishing to MyRootsMagic is worthwhile.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5782 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

The storage limit on the server for all websites under one account is 200 MB. Media and database file count toward it.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7770 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Also, I don't see much discussion or instructions about publishing to MyRootsMagic.com. Is this not a very popular feature? I'm new to the Roots Magic software and am wanting a way to share my family tree so relatives can access it read-only for free. I don't want to spend much/any time keeping the website updated so I can instead focus my time on updating the Roots Magic database. I would appreciate your advice on whether publishing to MyRootsMagic is worthwhile.

I think the reason you don't find much discussion on MyRootsMagic is because we have a video that explains how it works.

What's New in RootsMagic 7  
00:36:50 – Publish Online (Websites)
00:48:15 – Re-Publish Database

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 MarieCusack

MarieCusack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

TomH - Thank you for giving me the size limit of 200 MB. How many websites are allowed under one account?

Renee Zamora - Thank you for the link to the video. I would never have found it on my own and it has helpful information. 

#6 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5782 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

I don't think the number of websites is restricted other than by storage capacity. And remember that the image files you upload consume storage.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1315 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:43 PM

I remember reading somewhere that each user is limited to 2 websites. But I may be mis-remembering ....

#8 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3370 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:46 PM

I remember reading somewhere that each user is limited to 2 websites. But I may be mis-remembering ....

http://forums.rootsm...online/?p=67718

Q. Has the 50MB limit been increased?

A. In RM6 you had a limit of 2 websites with the combined size limit of 50MB. In RM7 you can have up to 10 websites with a combined size limit of 100MB.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#9 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7770 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:38 AM

Publish Online has been updated to unlimited number of sites. Combined total size of sites to 200 MB.

Renee
RootsMagic

#10 MarieCusack

MarieCusack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Thank you everyone for your advice. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MyRootsMagic, publishing, online, Internet, website