This is probably a problem in FS/FT itself rather than a problem in RM, or possibly it's a user error on my part in FS/FT. But the problem arises out of clicking on a WebHint in RM. So I thought I would start by asking here to see if anybody knows the solution.
RM reports three FS/FT WebHints for John England person LB4X-DSP in FS/FT. The first two hints are for Tennessee, County Marriages, 1790-1950 and for Tennessee State Marriage Index, 1780-2002. Both hints are correct and I approved them without incident. The third hint is for Tennessee Marriages, 1796-1950 and it is also correct. However, I can't approve it. When I click on Review and Attach, the screen that comes up doesn't have anything that can be clicked on to complete the approval.
Well, never mind. Upon further review, there is an error indicator on the third WebHint that says this WebHint can't be attached to this John England because it's already attached to a different John England in FS/FT. It appears that the two John Englands need to be merged in FS/FT. If that turns out to be the case, I will do so and then I'm confident that FS/FT will let me approve RM's third WebHint for my John England.
This is an interesting situation. I have merged people in FS/FT lots of times before, but this is the first time I discovered that two people needed to be merged in FS/FT because of a WebHint in RM. That's pretty neat that it happened that way. What's not so neat, I think, is the user interface within FS/FT itself. Where it offers me the opportunity to Review and Approve or to Reject the hint, I think it should offer me a third option that says that there is a conflict in the hint that is preventing it from being approved. After you click on the Review and Approve option, the next screen that comes up does include the conflict and the conflict is in plain sight. But the conflict is hiding in plain sight. It's in a very different part of the screen than the place where you normally click for approval, and the place where you normally click for approval is missing. So the verdict is: user error on my part, with the user error having been assisted (in my opinion) by poor user interface design in the part of FS/FT. Plus, RM is doing everything right and I never would have discovered this problem in FS/FT without the assistance of RM.
I thought about cancelling this message without posting it, but perhaps it might help somebody else some day.