2 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3205 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

I was using NameClean recently on a file where many females shared the husbands surname, the Rootsmagic option was to simply delete this surname. Various things I wanted to do were not available from the NameClean UI so I thought I would add them here for the enhancement tracker as making data correct is a big drive for me.

1. Creating an Alternate Name "Married" fact would seem to be the desired solution for most records where the wife shares the husbands surname, please add this option.

2. Without being able to enter the Edit Person screen I can not be sure if this data is correct or not, Add option for more details to verify data.

3. The option to add the selected individuals to a Named Group would also be beneficial for later clean up and verification.

4. Individuals Record Number is not visible on this UI, please add it.

Overcome the negatives, then only positives and praise remains.....

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3205 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

Having used this NameClean utility some more it has several problems which need to be addressed, I will post a separate topic on the issues thread in due course.

Overcome the negatives, then only positives and praise remains.....

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.7.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7987 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:35 PM

Confirming these are on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic