2 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick R

Patrick R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:54 AM

I was updating the website I created with RMG (using Internet>Generate files for website, choosing v.6 style), and chose the option "Gedcom file for your data".  Checking the files created, it did create a GEDCOM file, but I cannot find from where it can be linked on the web page.

Please, where am I missing it?  Where does the link to it show up?

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3405 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:20 PM

I was updating the website I created with RMG (using Internet>Generate files for website, choosing v.6 style), and chose the option "Gedcom file for your data".  Checking the files created, it did create a GEDCOM file, but I cannot find from where it can be linked on the web page.

Please, where am I missing it?  Where does the link to it show up?

The website creation process does not create a link (URL) within the outward-facing pages. It is just part of the files in the site's root directory.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Patrick R

Patrick R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

It used to be part of the pre-V6 web page.  Was there a reason that it was removed from the current one?

I added a line to the Index.html file without trouble, but I had just assumed it would have been carried over.