2 replies to this topic

#1 SomebodySmart

SomebodySmart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

When selecting to build files for a website, it allows me to privatize living persons; such as including their names but not their facts. However, when the INCLUDE A GEDCOM option is selected, the exported GEDCOM includes everything about those persons. This when I select the old legacy version of website pages. This invites a serious data breach and needs to be fixed even if you're no longer supporting the legacy version...it is still there and usable by those who prefer to keep things simple.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7921 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

The only websites being updated are the RM7 style. It's best not to include the GEDCOM since it is of the whole database if you do not want living people included. You can put a message on the site for people to contact you that want a GEDCOM copy. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Patrick R

Patrick R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

I would guess that you could also save another GEDCOM file in the normal manner (Export) with the parameters you choose (privatize living) and overwrite the file created by the website builder with your newly created file.

I had just asked about why the GEDCOM file was not made available on the newer version of the website; that answers the question.