11 replies to this topic

#1 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:35 PM

I opened RM7 7.5.5 and was planning to perform a search of the person list. After a few seconds I received this error message:

"JSON data has an invalid number (sorry!) at Line 1, Position 7."

I pressed OK to acknowledge the error, closed and reopened RM7 and ran the four database tools in order without problem. I closed and reopened RM7 and received the same error again.

What does the error message mean and how can I prevent it from recurring?

#2 EddieB

EddieB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

A lot of people are reporting this on FaceBook group.  No solution yet.

#3 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

Thanks, EddieB. It's comforting to know that my data hasn't gotten munged up. :)

#4 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:59 AM

I have turned off "My Heritage" hints and find that I am not getting the error message currently. Should this change I will comment again.

#5 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:28 AM

I have turned off "My Heritage" hints and find that I am not getting the error message currently. Should this change I will comment again.

After 3.5 Hours still no error message

#6 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:08 AM

Many thanks. I'll try it here.

#7 ven285

ven285

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:38 PM

Yes, I have had this problem on my RootsMagic program, too.  Thank you for your time.

#8 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:11 PM

I have turned "My Heritage" web hints back on today and not getting the error message so it looks like at this stage that it has been fixed.

#9 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:42 PM

I've run all afternoon with My Heritage web hints off. No error messages. I've just turned the hints back on and after thirty minutes no problems. When the java script errors were occurring they'd usually pop up within four minutes.

#10 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 06:04 AM

I've run all afternoon with My Heritage web hints off. No error messages. I've just turned the hints back on and after thirty minutes no problems. When the java script erros were occurring they'd usually pop up within four minutes.

Looks like they have solved the problem

#11 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:15 AM

Certainly seems that way. Until I Googled the error I didn't realize that the error had something to do with Javascript -- suggesting that RootsMagic itself was not at fault.

#12 cmcnaul

cmcnaul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:23 AM

Just reporting that I too am getting this same error message JSON data has an invalid number (sorry!) at Line 1, Position 7.

I've been working in rootsmagic all evening long and it just started doing this in the past 30 minutes. I had not ran an update, though I did check to see if I had an update since this just started within minutes. My version or Rootsmagic7 is a registered copy, have been since 2015 I believe is when I upgraded to version 7. 

Figured I'd go ahead and post my experience also since others started getting this error back in February 2018. I was adding children to a record and it just started happening. I first thought I somehow typed something somewhere that didn't belong, but that doesn't make sense since I am only able to put data in designated places.

It must be some sort of program error, though why has this error just started now when others were getting it back in February? Hope Rootsmagic is working on it....btw, I too, disabled My Heritage hints and the error message thus far has stopped.