4 replies to this topic

#1 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:07 AM

In the Family Search Center under What's New it shows a count of people for whom FamilySearch has "new information".

When you click on that, it opens the Person Tools and one of the filters you can apply is "People changed on Family Search".

Question #1: Can someone tell me what the logic is behind deciding that there is "new" information on FS for one of my RM people?

Question #2: And if I reset the count, how does that affect the logic of this determination?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

The determination is based on the last time you looked at the person inside the FamilySearch Person Tools, and the last edit date for the person on FamilySearch.  Sometimes FamilySearch will turn this off if they are doing massive changes in the background on Family Tree. 

If you reset the count it will consider both sides have the same edit date. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:57 PM

And if I make a change to the person, or add a new person, does the "last time I looked at them in FS Person Tools" date get reset to "never" or something like that?

#4 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

Actually, the useful thing for me to know would be the name of the field and table where this date is kept so that I can use SQL to reset it for my database to any particular date, like maybe the date I started this current project to update my database.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7918 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

I don't know what the SQL setting is. As soon as you make a change to the RM person or the person on FamilySearch it will see them as changed. Once you view them inside of the FamilySearch Person Tools they are marked as viewed until the next time you make a change outside of the FamilySearch Person Tools. Not really sure if there is even a time stamp, because when you do a direct import through FamilySearch Central all the people are marked changed until you actually view them or reset count on the What's New. The What's New list won't update until you login to FamilySearch Central and leave it open for a while, doing nothing else in RM. 

Renee
RootsMagic