1 reply to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:09 AM

I am sure this has been wished for before, maybe even by myself but I can't find a specific post.

Currently my Place List Report is over 2000 pages when I include Place Details and the reversal option is and has been very useful. I would like to repeat the need for 2 small options which would greatly help every serious researcher;

1. Facilitate the Printing of a subset of the Place List by Containing string which could be "United States", "Pennsylvania", "Wayne", "Scotland" etc. Saving this report and making manual edits is simply not acceptable.

2. Provide the option to reverse the Place Listing on screen within the Place List.

Regardless of the most disciplined Place Lists wishing to extract the County, State, Township or Parish to a single report for further research is simply prohibitive within Rootsmagic.

Whilst I know development must be busy and I would anticipate RM8 to be quite a way off, I would like to see at least one of these wishes fulfilled in a minor update to RM7, after all such functionality has been wished for over quite a few years now and exists in other competitor software.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic