#1 Spam

Spam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 05:47 AM

Hi everybody!

I must do something wrong ...

For some people, I do not see a birth date in the leftmost pane, the list with the names.

When I open up a persons detail view, the birth date is shown. The same is true in the tree view: bith and death date are show. here is what I see: (linke to dropbox)

What could be a reason the date is not shown in the people selection pane?

Thank you!

#2 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

In the left pane click the "options" button and select "show birth year". You can also set "show record number" at the same time and both will  show.

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3535 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Another less common reason for the problem is that RM sometimes fails to set the date in the sidebar index correctly even though you have done your data entry correctly in the main panel. For this problem, the fix is to run  File->Database tools->Rebuild indexes.

All the File->Database tools should be be rerun periodically anyway (daily or weekly or monthly or some such), but the Rebuild indexes tool can be run any time there appears to be an error or omission in a date in the sidebar index.

Jerry

#4 Spam

Spam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

Having the index rebuilt, I cannot quickly reproduce my problem. It might have fixed it, so thank you for the moment.