• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kate3513

Kate3513

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

I am new to RM 7. Transfer from Ancestry went great. I have an iMac OS Sierra v 10.12.6. Not one problem that I can find in transferring my Ancestry file to RM. However, when I try to utilize the Automatic merge a small window pops up and it goes through with merge and states 143 files merged. But, the screen is frozen. I cannot cancel, I must force quit and open again. Tried it three times now and the same thing happens. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8029 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:53 PM

Go to File>Database Tools and run all options there in consecutive order after a fresh restart of the computer & RootsMagic.

Also make sure the folder you RootsMagic database file is store in is not being live synced to cloud storage like Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Kate3513

Kate3513

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

Go to File>Database Tools and run all options there in consecutive order after a fresh restart of the computer & RootsMagic.

Also make sure the folder you RootsMagic database file is store in is not being live synced to cloud storage like Dropbox, OneDrive, GoogleDrive, etc. 

Hi Renee! Thank you for your response. I will go give it a try. I tried moments ago before I found your response. I got a box with the following in it: Access violation at address 004038CA in module 'Roots Magic.eve' Write of address 00000000. Will go try your suggestion now. Thank you! Kate