3 replies to this topic

#1 momakid

momakid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

Ancestry says I have 300+ photo web hints.

I have Internet > TreeShare for Ancestry signed in

I have Tools > File Options > WebHints > Enable WebHints, Ancestry WebHints and FamilySearch WebHints all checked

I have Tools > File Options > Ancestry > Ancestry domain to use for viewing as USA (.com)

I have Tools > File Options > Ancestry > Remove from “changed” list after accepting changes, Show “record” hints, Show “other member tree” hints, Show “photo and story” hints and Show color coding in TreeShare list all checked

I have Tools > File Options > FamilySearch > Enable FamilySearch support, Check for duplication when reserving ordinances and Match person to FamilySearch when hints found all checked

I also have the user name and password populated in previous step

I selected one of the people in the Ancestry WebHint photo list

I went to that person in rootsmagic

Some of the people had no light bulb

Some of the people had a yellow light bulb

Some of the people had a while light bulb

When I clicked on the light bulb, only FamilySearch was displayed

Ancestry was not displayed.

I even waited a while and there was no change. (several minutes)

I looked for someone who I knew had Ancestry WebHints that displayed in the past and Ancestry WebHints was displayed

I have close to 10,000 people in my database

I have the fastest speed that I can get for where I live

I have a 6 mbps rate

When I run a speed test I am getting 6.1 mbps

I am getting an upload of .5 mbsp

I have the latest version installed (7.5.5)

I am using windows 10

And I am using a fairly new gamer laptop (1 yr old)

Is the large database the problem or the slow speed?

If not what could be the problem?

I don't understand why Ancestry says I have Webhints but Rootsmagic is not displaying them.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

Make sure under Internet>TreeShare for Ancestry that you are logged in. You can click automatic login so when you open the database it does it automatically for you without going to TreeShare to do it. Then you will receive webhints if they were generated on Ancestry.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 momakid

momakid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:11 PM

Line 2 above I have "I have Internet > TreeShare for Ancestry signed in". I don't check automatic login because i work on RM while being in the passenger seat going down the highway.  If I forget to log out before leaving the house, i get the extremely annoying popup.for 2 hrs. When I get back in wifi signal, it finally stops. I really wish there was a do not ask again and log off from the connection when that happens. \

But the problem is that when i am logged into Ancestry via the web browser it says there are over 300 web hints. And those hints are not being displayed with the light bulbs showing up when I try to view them in RM. Or if there is a light bulb there is a FamilySearch line but no Ancestry line. I am trying to get to those Ancestry photos that are showing up in Ancestry via the web browser.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8699 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

I checked the people I had Member Photo hints listed on Ancestry and they are all showing in RM. Have you checked on Ancestry that the person actually has the Photo hint listed under their Hints. Not just on the All Hints for Photos. Just wondering if we have some phantom photo's now on Ancestry.

I am assuming you are scrolling to the bottom of the list of Ancestry Hints for the person in RM. That is where the Photo & Stories hints are shown. If the WebHint light bulb is not appearing on a person try clicking on them. A single click may trigger the hint to load. If the yellow light bulb has a green dot inside it that means all the hints have not loaded. 

Try turning off the FamilySearch WebHints to see if you will receive any Ancestry ones. Next I would test temporarily turning off your firewall, antivirus or internet filtering software to see if any of them are effecting it. 

Renee
RootsMagic