• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 steady

steady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

Ihave your program Roots7 and Family Tree Maker 2017 on my PC. I uploaded a Ged-Com from FTM to your program. When I view the media on Roots, some of items cannot be seen. I have noticed that if the file is over 1mb it does not show. So I am having to go into the media files on FTM and reduce the size of the files to under 1mb. Could you tell me why I have to do this as it is a long job.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1531 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:52 AM

Your issue is not size related. I have a scanned death certificate (high resolution) at 83 MB that displaycorrectly as a thumbnail and opens correctly in the person's Media Album with the [Properties] button.

Perhaps there are issues with how the drive and path for the file transferred from FTM to RM. If you go to the menu and select Lists > Media gallery, do you see a little red X in the (lower right?) corner of any of the thumbnails?

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8519 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:08 AM

Might be an issue with the image itself and its extension. Could be why resizing it makes a difference. Don't resize just save it again in the graphic program to see if it fixes it. IrfanView could help you see what's wrong with the files. It might have a batch editing for fixing them. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 momakid

momakid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:30 AM

I noticed that when i save downloads of pictures as png files they are not as crisp and clear as when I save the downloads as jpg files.  When i zoom in on the jpg files, they stay crisp and clear.  When I zoom in on png files, they get very fuzzy.

If I do a print screen of a picture, I use paint to paste it into and then save it as a jpg.