#1 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Is the following e mail I received a fact or a scam"

We're emailing to remind you that as of April 1, 2018, you'll no longer be able to access your Dropbox files and photos via Gallery or My Files on your Samsung device. Dropbox will also no longer support syncing to the Samsung Document Sync folder.

Your files won't be deleted or modified, and if you still want to access your files after this date, download the Dropbox app from the Google Play Store.

For more information on this change, please visit the Dropbox Help Center.

Thanks!
- The Dropbox Team

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3393 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Is the following e mail I received a fact or a scam"

Definitely a fact. That Dropbox Help Center link is clearly at the very real and authentic Dropbox web presence.
Apparently you'll just need to download the Dropbox app and use it to configure your phone's accesses to your Dropbox-related files.
It doesn't say you won't be able to still use your phone and the Dropbox service together... just that you won't be able to use the Samsung file system services to execute file functions with Dropbox.

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 lighthouse

lighthouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Definitely a fact. That Dropbox Help Center link is clearly at the very real and authentic Dropbox web presence.
Apparently you'll just need to download the Dropbox app and use it to configure your phone's accesses to your Dropbox-related files.
It doesn't say you won't be able to still use your phone and the Dropbox service together... just that you won't be able to use the Samsung file system services to execute file functions with Dropbox.

Thanks for the reply