• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Clarinetter

Clarinetter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:36 PM

I sometimes use Family Tree Analyzer to poke around a GEDCOM file I export from RM7. This question probably shows my ignorance as much as anything.

For some reason if I enter a census fact for an individual and then share that fact with his spouse and children (which is how I expect one saves a good deal of time in RM) then, when a GEDCOM is exported the software above thinks the census fact does not exist.

I am not asking for help with the software which is not the scope of this forum. Simply, does a shared fact indeed cause GEDCOM data to be produced differently?

EDIT: I uploaded a GEDCOM to Ancestry and the shared census fact did not appear in the person's profile.

I have found that shared facts do not seem to print in custom reports (have not tried standard reports yet)

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5628 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

RootsMagic exports shared events using proprietary, custom GEDCOM tags supported by very few other programs.

RootsMagic did not complete development that would support shared events fully in its own program.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.