• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DaTh

DaTh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

I'm a new user to RM and am entering a family from scratch, not import.  RM7 keeps locking up when setting program in tray to go look at another site. (i.e., Mail, Wikipedia, etc.)  Yesterday it was locked so tight I could do nothing.  So I left it overnight to see if it would unsort it self, since I tried several methods of backing out of the error boxes.  Still there this a.m.  So I had to reboot the computer in order to use it.  This is very frustrating. 

#2 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:20 AM

Follow Renee's instructions to you that she posted here http://forums.rootsm...k-at-wikipedia/

#3 DaTh

DaTh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Thank you Bob C.  I'll try the suggestion.

#4 ftipple

ftipple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:35 AM

Tip:  open another Desktop any time you want to check something outside RM.

By this I mean have RM open on one Desktop, and if you want to check Wikipedia, Mail or some other external source just go to another Desktop and open it there; if you want more than one Internet source open at the same time just open it/them in another tab. Doing this will also stop you getting confused about where you are (well, it does me)

Apologies if you already do this.

Fíona

#5 cessnation

cessnation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

I have the same issue with Roots Magic locking up. I have found that I can use cmd>option>escape to force quit but that doesn't fix the problem. Yesterday I did uninstall then reinstall the software after I upgraded my Mac to High Sierra so you're saying I need to do that again?

#6 KC1SP

KC1SP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

I'm just documenting some of the MANY bugs I've encountered using RM7 for Mac.  I also have RM7 installed on a Parallels emulator with Windows 10 as the OS, and it works FINE under Win7 (on HP PC)  and Win10 (on Mac).

Problems on Mac side include:

*Help only partially works, you cannot Search (this works on Win side).

*Don’t minimize RM7, it has a tendency to crash the program.

*Scrollbar in sources works down but not up; you can only click up arrow to go one file at a time up.

*Edit in source fields requires clicking in field after EACH CHARACTER, slow!

*There are a few other problems, I’ll document them when I remember them.

I'm hoping "the next version" will work better on a Mac.  Meanwhile I am running on both Mac under macOS and on Mac under Parallels/Win10 (SAME LAPTOP FOR BOTH).

#7 BradleyinDC

BradleyinDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 PM

I'm just documenting some of the MANY bugs I've encountered using RM7 for Mac.  I also have RM7 installed on a Parallels emulator with Windows 10 as the OS, and it works FINE under Win7 (on HP PC)  and Win10 (on Mac).

Problems on Mac side include:

*Help only partially works, you cannot Search (this works on Win side).

*Don’t minimize RM7, it has a tendency to crash the program.

*Scrollbar in sources works down but not up; you can only click up arrow to go one file at a time up.

*Edit in source fields requires clicking in field after EACH CHARACTER, slow!

*There are a few other problems, I’ll document them when I remember them.

I'm hoping "the next version" will work better on a Mac.  Meanwhile I am running on both Mac under macOS and on Mac under Parallels/Win10 (SAME LAPTOP FOR BOTH).

Great initiative.  I'm running RM on a Mac (no emulator).