• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dnlathrop

dnlathrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

I have been uploading records from my RM7 database to FamilySearch Family Tree for several years. I am now seeing a webhint light bulb because MyHeritage is reporting a match with the records I uploaded to FSFT.

I don't have a MyHeritage account so apparently I cannot confirm a match. Even if I could there are so many matches it would be very tedious to do so.

Other than getting a MyHeritage account confirming the matches, is there a way to avoid seeing hints from MyHeritage for the records I uploaded?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7429 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:57 AM

Go to Tools>File Options>WebHints and uncheck the option for MyHeritage. You will no longer receive them.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 dnlathrop

dnlathrop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 06:26 PM

Go to Tools>File Options>WebHints and uncheck the option for MyHeritage. You will no longer receive them.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for the suggestion but that would suppress all hints from MyHeritage. Some of the hints have been helpful but that was before the FSFT hints started appearing. Now, if there are any useful hints, they are lost among many hundreds of useless hints.

What I am asking is this -- is there a way I can suppress hints from FSFT via MyHeritage for the records I uploaded to FSFT? I would like to see all other hints from MyHeritage.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5628 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

There is no way to filter the WebHints as you wish.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.