• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SusieZada

SusieZada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 10:51 PM

I have had this option on another genie application and find it extremely useful.  

Example: Family Group Reports for architects, builders, artists and other professions

I've added chronological events for an architect for every building he designed.  Images of the buildings were tagged to the each event.  The Family Group Report then showed a chronological report with images of all of his building designs.

These reports were then used as appendices to official reports for Heritage Studies or Conservation Management Plans.

An extremely useful visual report.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

I like this idea.

It would also be nice if photos for each fact/event could be displayed on a Timeline Report.

And, as previously mentioned, it sure would be nice if EVERY report under Reports was available for use in Publisher books.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7654 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 SusieZada

SusieZada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:00 PM

With your enhancement list, are there any sort of indications of priorities on the list - i.e. soon, a bit longer, ages ???

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7654 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

Nothing we can release, because it always depends on how the testing goes with a feature. I've seen some on the list get pulled during testing and never make the light of day.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 SusieZada

SusieZada

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hi Renee - thanks for your reply - I understand that you can't release anything, however is there a way to find out if something might have been removed from the list as per your example of something getting pulled during testing?

Regards ... Susie Z

#7 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2903 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

The percentage of items on the list that ever make it to the product seems to be extremely small. I'm talking about items that come in from this forum. There may be items on the list that come in from other sources.

Jerry

#8 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7654 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:47 AM

I've never seen anything pulled from the enhancement request list. Just because it failed in testing doesn't mean it can't be written another way later to work.

Renee
RootsMagic