Source Templates

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dhwalt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:49 AM

Trying to use nesting in template design. My objective to remove the ,,,, entries that Rootsmagic has for the inbuilt templates when dealing with missing data. Comments appreciated.

The helpfile mentions nesting, in passing, but none of the source templates make any real use of that feature and the application of Boolean logic along with punctuation across several data items is difficult. An example below:

Online Census, simplified data items, freeform – focus on logic rather than content.

Footnote Template

<?[Media]|<?[Item]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", ><[Place], ><[Reference], >[Item]; |<?[Reference]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", ><[Place], >[Reference]; |<?[Place]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", >[Place]; |<?[Database]|<<i>[Website]</i>, >"[Database]"; |<<i>[Website]</i>; >>>>>"[Media]".|<?[Item]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", ><[Place], ><[Reference], >[Item].|<?[Reference]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", ><[Place], >[Reference].|<?[Place]|<<i>[Website]</i>, ><"[Database]", >[Place].|<?[Database]|<<i>[Website]</i>, >"[Database]".|<<i>[Website]</i>.>>>>>>

Example England Census

Ancestry, "1901 England Census", Medomsley, Co. Durham, RG13/4667/115/10, schedule 67, Roger Armstrong; "1901 Joseph Armstrong".

Example Federal Census

FamilySearch, "United States Census, 1900", Pickens Co., South Carolina, ED 119, sheet 7A, householdID 118, line 17, Anthony Baker; "1900 Anthony Baker".

The above approach when applied to an Evidence Explained format is complex.