3 replies to this topic

#1 NEreswearcher

NEreswearcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:40 AM

I am using PH2 and RM7 to rework all my facts to make a better story of my ancestors. I would like to have all my stories in PH2 to have an initial status of not started but have not found a way to do that yet except individually by story. A brand new import leaves my stories in varied states of in progress  or not started etc.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7861 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:47 PM

The status can only be changed on the story level. No mass way to change all of them. You can filter on the status level to help find the ones that need to be changed. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 NEreswearcher

NEreswearcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

Thanks Renee,

PH2 must be seeing something in the individual facts that come from RM7 that tells it to set the flags to in progress or not started. Can I do anything in RM7 to cause the flags to be set to not started status?

I am writing a story about an entire family from my database. Rather than writing individual narratives I wanted to have a single chronological story. Personal Historian is the only way I have found to do this. I am looking forward to see what PH version 3 will do but in the meantime I am trying to clean up all my data from the RM7 side and then looking at the results in PH2. This has been a valuable experience, cleaning up my data, and will produce a better overall story or book in PH terms. One valuable feature is the ability to start stories and then update from RM7 if I get additional data or people.

#4 NEreswearcher

NEreswearcher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

I did some experimenting and found that SQLite opens the PHIST files. I was able to go into the stories table and set the status flag from 100 to 0 which means not started. Now all my stories are at a start point and I can see which ones need to be worked on.