Have you upgraded to High Sierra and done a complete uninstall/reinstall?
Complete uninstall of RootsMagic on the Mac
If the Crossover wrapper around the 'RootsMagic for Mac' program needs to be updated, a complete uninstall of the program is needed.
1. Make sure you have a backup of any RootsMagic data files
2. Delete any and all RootsMagic .dmg files from your computer
3. Drag and drop the RootsMagic application icon to your trash bin
4. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder
5. Type ~/Library/Application Support
6. Drag the folder labeled "RootsMagic" to the trash bin
7. Go to ~/Library/Preferences and delete the file com.rootsmagic.rootsmagic.plist
8. Drag and drop the RootsMagic 7 shortcut icon on the Dock to your trash bin
9. Download and install the latest version of RootsMagic - http://rootsmagic.co...d/RootsMagic-7/
This will completely uninstall RootsMagic for Mac "and" the Crossover programming as well.
How to completely uninstall and reinstall RootsMagic on the Mac
That can happen if there are some phantom hints attached, it will never load them. Ancestry been working on this issue. One way to get around it is to delete the person on Ancestry and then upload them again. It will generate new hints and the phantom ones will be gone.