• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 woodstockcats

woodstockcats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:31 PM

It would be very helpful if the relationship calculator allowed you to click on a particular relationship when many are shown, and then generate a relationship chart, detailing that particular relationship.

(The relationship chart in the reports menu only shows the closest connection.)

My great grandparents show 26 relationships to each other in the relationship calculator, with several duplicates in the list, I would also like to understand the duplicates.

I believe this is an often repeated feature request?  This would be so helpful, and would provide another reason to use RootsMagic over other programs. 

Actually the Ancestry DNA match system does this quite well, it found 6 ways I am related to a DNA match and shows the lineage and common ancestor for each match.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 LAS

LAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:17 PM

I would like to see a table of consanguinity report - I miss having a relationship report.

Thank you!

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:08 PM

I would like to see a table of consanguinity report - I miss having a relationship report.

Thank you!

Have you looked at Reports > Lists > Kinship List ?

Or are you looking for this: 

"https://upload.wikim...lationship.png"

Table_of_Consanguinity_showing_degrees_o

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5824 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

LAS, you might find this of interest: http://sqlitetoolsfo...nguinity Degree

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Mardon

Mardon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

I'd like to add my voice to support the OP's request. It would be wonderful if the "relationship calculator allowed you to click on a particular relationship when many are shown, and then generate a relationship chart, detailing that particular relationship."

I'm working with an island-based, endogamous population that has lots of consanguinity. It's very common to have the Relationship Calculator show 2, 3 or even 4 relationships between two individuals.  Unfortunately, as the OP points out, a Relationship Chart can only be created for the closest relationship. This is a major problem for me. I've spent hours using Photoshop to create Relationship Charts for the other relationships.

Please accept my plea for modifying the Relationship Charting feature so that it can handle multiple relationships. Thanks.

#7 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

Also please restore the "half-brother" & "half-cousin" designation on the charts.  It used to be there, but was eliminated several versions and years ago. Possibly as long ago as Family Origins.  I will concede that there is a clue when the top level person does not display a spouse.