6 replies to this topic

#1 jagwinn

jagwinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

I utilize the NOTE feature under all the different events, but what is the most popular way among users here to incorporate biographies or Civil War Regimental histories?

#2 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

It may not be a proper way to do it, but I created a placename of "Civil War", then place details of individual Ohio regiments.  Then regimental histories can be stored in the place detail notes.

I have several cases where multiple related soldiers were in the same regiment.

Still waiting on RM reports that support text stored in place detail notes.  I would like to see a report Appendix that has place detail notes.  The Appendix should contain only one copy of a specific place detail note no matter whether there is one reference or many references within the body of the report.

Of course, I know that "Civil War" is not a real place, but it works.  Same comments on WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, etc.

#3 jagwinn

jagwinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks, John. It would be nice to have a location for biographies, life stories and histories that could be included in publications as stand alone chapters.

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1292 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Thanks, John. It would be nice to have a location for biographies, life stories and histories that could be included in publications as stand alone chapters.

You can do that by putting the biographies on to their own Text Page in the Publisher Book. That makes them a chapter, with an entry in the Table of Contents. But they would NOT be included in the Indexes (Name and Place)

#5 jagwinn

jagwinn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

You can do that by putting the biographies on to their own Text Page in the Publisher Book. That makes them a chapter, with an entry in the Table of Contents. But they would NOT be included in the Indexes (Name and Place)

Great suggestion! I'll work on that.

Thanks,

John

#6 BradleyinDC

BradleyinDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:30 PM

Agreed.  I have a "narrative" note (biography) in Reunion.  I was looking for a place to put it in RM

#7 BradleyinDC

BradleyinDC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Interesting. fairly new to RM.  Is there a place for text page verbiage on a person's page for this?