• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpbog

jpbog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

Have a number of unknown names with large record numbers way beyond the number of records in my file.  Can not delete them.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Have you run the File > Database Tools ?

If not, run all four tools immediately after opening RM. Then check to see if the issue is resolved.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

I've heard of this before and think it is an artifact from some syncing issue between Ancestry and FTM (maybe not the current version). And it may not be correctable in RM except by using the somewhat lossy drag'n'drop of everyone and everything to a new database. It can be fixed by using a SQLite manager directly on the database.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 TeeZee2

TeeZee2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:46 PM

I am having the same issue.  I ran all four RM Database tools in order and they are still there. 

As suggested I downloaded SQL Lite Expert and located the 4 rows in the name table.  When I attempt to delete the items.  I get an error message: 

no such collation sequence:  RMNOCASE

SQL Statement:

delete from [NameTable] where [rowid] = ?.

I am working with a copy of the RM database and opened it directly in SQL Lite.

If sure I missed a step somewhere.  Any suggestions?

Concentrating our energies on that which is within our power and responsibility to control, and letting go of everything else, makes our behaviors more positive and effective.  We stop wasting time and energy; stop making ourselves frustrated and miserable.  We start taking care of ourselves in the truest and best sense.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5876 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:29 PM

You need to tell SQLite Expert to load a (fake) collation sequence named RMNOCASE. See my page http://sqlitetoolsfo...ine shell et al

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 TeeZee2

TeeZee2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Thanks for the update...I'll give it a try...

Concentrating our energies on that which is within our power and responsibility to control, and letting go of everything else, makes our behaviors more positive and effective.  We stop wasting time and energy; stop making ourselves frustrated and miserable.  We start taking care of ourselves in the truest and best sense.