• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tink1945

tink1945

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

I have a person John Fox who has a source listed that is not his.  How can I delete only that one even though there are other people with the same source that need it.  I have RootsMagic 7 latest version.   Please give me a step by step.directions if this can be done

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Like this:

20171229_delete-a-source.png

#3 tink1945

tink1945

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

I get a popup that this will delete this citation.  Does this mean for this person only? I am afraid to say yes in case it deletes all of the citations for this source and I wouldn't be able to get them back even if I could remember all the people.  My tree goes as far back and Myles Standish  forward.

#4 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

Yes, a citation is the attachment of a source to a fact/event for a single person. A single source can be attached to multiple people via citations. Sources stay in the Source list until they are are removed via the delete button on the Source List.

#5 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1366 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Yes, a citation is the attachment of a source to a fact/event for a single person. A single source can be attached to multiple people via citations. Sources stay in the Source list until they are are removed via the delete button on the Source List.

By which he mean Lists > Source List. Using the citation manager for a person or fact/event deletes only for that one instance.

#6 tink1945

tink1945

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Thanks a lot.  Your directions are perfect for my old brain to learn new tricks.  Again Thanks for the info.  It works!  Wonderful.  Another Question and it is my last one.  I have my file named hallernstgenealogy06192014 and want to change the name by deleting the numbers but leaving the words.  How to I do that?  I know there is a way but I can't find it no matter how hard I try.  Merry After Christmas and Happy Before New Years.

#7 Bob C

Bob C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

Help>Search>Rename>List Topics>Rename a database