#1 ancestry

ancestry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

hi I wanted to request a couple features

1) treesync enhancement

with the treesync feature , could you create a mass sync instead of needing to confirm all individual records one at a time with all media items....

sometimes ancestry has features I want sometimes rootsmagic does but to be able to upload / download all like in family tree maker would be helpful

2) "search for orphans"

sometimes records are not linked to the main tree, but ancestry and myheritage provide web suggestions which are not helpful, and the only way to turn these off is to delete these unlinked records.. could you provide a tool that finds and deletes these records similar to "family historian 6.2" search for orphans 

3) the layout of the basic tree is helpful but family tree builder (for myheritage) has a nicer interface that shows more information, having both would be nice as well

4) sync with myheritage would be useful too

#2 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

hi I wanted to request a couple features

1) treesync enhancement

Hi, I am sure Rootsmagic will reply after the holidays but I would like to clarify that Rootsmagic does not SYNC with any other platform and I also understand it never will otherwise it would lose many users.

Rootsmagic does its best to interface with online platforms which use different record storing systems than it, anyways, one could never SYNC with two different record storing platforms, think through how it ever could.

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.4.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7360 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

1. Confirming this is on the enhancement request list

2. Go to Tools>Count Trees to find branch or individual person that is not connected to your main tree. You can then delete them, either as an individual or as a family unit. A drag n drop of your main tree into a new blank database will achieve the same thing.

3. Confirming this is on the enhancement request list, but for copyright we could never make it exact.

4. We will sync with MyHeritage as soon as they give us an API to work with. Users giving MyHeritage feedback has more pull than we do.

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2977 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

4. We will sync with MyHeritage as soon as they give us an API to work with. Users giving MyHeritage feedback has more pull than we do.

SYNC or SHARE

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.4.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 7.5 on Win 10

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7360 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

Not idea.

Renee
RootsMagic