• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 austrian_genealogy

austrian_genealogy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

I would like to see data entry screens that allow data to be entered directly from source documents like birth, marriage and death certificates, church baptisms, marriages and burials, census records, probate records...

Based on the entered date RM automatically creates persons, facts, places and sources.

A similar approach you can find in Heredis 2017 (I think that this function is only available in the French version) and Family Historian (in conjunction with the plug-in Ancestral Sources)

Kind regards,

Reinhard

#2 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:04 AM

I agree agree that source-based data input would provide a significant advance in the way RootsMagic (and most of other products on the market) currently works.  It's one of the main reasons why I continue to use Family Historian rather than RootsMagic as my main repository of source material and RootsMagic to fulfil other needs, including gathering Ancestry Sources.

Using Ancestry Trees in conjunction with RootsMagic/TreeShare goes some way towards source based input, but the only current alternative seems to be to 'invest in' secondary software such as Clooz or Evidentia for source management, which, of course requires additional data input and transfer.

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"