• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sundancer268

Sundancer268

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

When I try to sync my Roots Magic 7.5.4.0 person I get a 403 error.  I have tried to attached a  screen shot of the error message that pops up with no success.  I have ran all the Data Base tools with no resolution to the problem.  When I pull up my Uncle he shows up in RM & FS with not all data present.  RM has my Aunt as the spouse and she is missing in FS.  If I go into the FS WEB Site directly, she is attached to my Uncle as she is suppose to be.  Only when I try to add the information to sync the RM & FS Date I keep getting the error.  Thanks, Ed

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7303 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

Your getting a 403 forbidden error. Check if the FamilySearch ID online and in RM are the same. You might need to use UnMatch to remove the link to the wrong FamilySearch ID in RM and then match them to the correct one you can see.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Sundancer268

Sundancer268

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Ok, I will check that, I wonder why the numbers would change?  Thank you, Ed

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2701 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

I wonder why the numbers would change?

Typically it would be because the same person was in FamilySearch Family Tree twice with two different ID's. As a part of the maintenance on the person, an FS/FT user would merge the two instances of the same person. This will result in one ID being kept and the other ID being deleted. The ID that was deleted could be the number to which your RM database was matched.

Jerry

#5 Sundancer268

Sundancer268

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

I am finding that out, Several of my family members I entered before 2013 are giving me problems, I just found out I have three wife's two with the same late number LFVN and one with a L8YT number that FS generated when I started with my self before the WEB change FS made.  Parents on both sides have this starting number and are also giving problems.  I un-linked son from his old L8YT number and he now is having trouble re-linking with FS and his new number which starts with LFVN.  I just guess I am going to have to un-link everyone and try and re-link using their new number in FS.  This is getting frustrating, I guess I will lay this aside until the next Roots Magic update and see what happens.  Thanks for the suggestions and any other thoughts, Ed

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7303 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

FamilySearch changed the way they handle living individuals with private spaces, so everyone has their own copy of a living person they have permission to see. That means you could be matched in RM to a FSID you no longer have access to. You have to UnMatch and then match to the copy that you have access to. That's a little different than the issue when people are merged or deleted from the tree that you once linked to. Things are a little messy but it's what FamilySearch has to do because of privacy laws around the world.

Renee
RootsMagic