• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Hogarth

Doug Hogarth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

I've reported this in the past but can't seem to find it using Search.
One of the main features of RootsMagic I use is to click the icon for FamilySearch Central and Log in so that I can have your "What's New" show my people with changes in FamilyTree.
For the last couple weeks this has not worked.  The What's New window remains blank, never starting to count up.
I am using current version, Windows 10, fast internet, fast PC, etc.
I was trying to search for my previous reports, because I vaguely recall you may have asked me to delete some files in a folder and/or re-install something.  Although sometimes other users have reported that I am not alone in experiencing the problem.

#2 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3366 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:16 AM

PRESS Ctrl-Shift-U (from within RootsMagic)

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#3 Doug Hogarth

Doug Hogarth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:23 AM

Ctrl-Shift-U reset program settings, which seems to have made FamilySearch Central's What's New feature work again (it is once again showing: FamilySearch has new information for xxx of your people, where xxx is a slowly incrementing number that takes around 45 minutes to complete for my few thousand person database).

Update: after the count stopped incrementing and I went through the list of people changed in FamilySearch, I got an access violation.  After reporting it, I was unable to exit the program in any way other than to use Task Manager to kill it.  Things seemed to be okay when I restarted FamilySearch after that (I was able to reset count in that What's New window).