#1 deckie49

deckie49

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Hello all,
I am using the latest RM build. When I go to Familysearch using RM's Websearch function to look at a census image, the image is blurred and completely unreadable. If I use the option to "Open in External Browser" the image displays fine.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Update. I noticed my computer had Internet Explorer 10 installed. So I upgraded to IE 11. I opened up RM, selected one of my ancestors and did a WebSearch using RM's internal browser (Internet Explorer). I went to familysearch and clicked on the camera icon to view image of a 1940 census. I was able to see the index of names, and the source information using the arrows at the bottom of the screen, but still no image. Before the problem was a very blurred image. Not there is no image at all, just a black box. What's interesting is I can click "Download" or "Print" and get the image just fine, but I cannot see it in RM. Also, the familysearch website is telling me that IE 11 is an "older" browser and I should "upgrade" it. For Windows 7 machine Internet Explorer 11 is the latest version. After that comes Microsoft Edge which, as I understand is only for Windows 10, not 7. I don't know where the issue could be. I doubt it is within RM. Perhaps the problem lies in familysearch or most likely my computer. Has anyone ever come across this? Can anyone offer thoughts or suggestions? Thanks again.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5859 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:04 PM

The problem is with the internal browser in RM. It is built from obsolete Internet Explorer modules. Updating IE itself does not update the internal browser but I am surprised that you see it functioning differently as a result of the update of the external IE browser.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.