• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Robin Richmond

Robin Richmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

In my downloaded tree, I'm finding that transcription details - especially the transcription - are missing from many citations. 

Whether the citation transcription appears does seem to depend on the source. One example is the Social Security Death Index, where I get the Page field correctly, e.g.

Number: xxx-xx-xxxx; Issue State: Tennessee; Issue Date: Before 1951.

but the transcription is missing both from the Citation Manager and from an exported Gedcom.  It looks like this on Ancestry and FTM: (.

Birth date:  30 Nov 1895
Birth place:
Death date:  Jan 1981
Death place:  Cleveland, Bradley, Tennessee, United States of America
and it is in Gedcom files exported from FTM

Might some template adjustment reveal the missing data?  I'm really not interested in "sentences" at this point - I just want to see the data associated with data fields - and want to see all data the belongs in a Gedcom export in the Gedcom export. 

- Robin

Disclaimer: I am still evaluating Roots Magic, and have only Roots Management Essentials, so I have not been able to evaluate templates. 

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7303 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:35 AM

When you look on the Ancestry citation what you see on the tab for Ancestry Record, which is the transcript, is not sent through the API as a citation. Its only the Citation Details. 

Renee
RootsMagic